View Single Post
  #87   ^
Old Wed, Dec-10-08, 18:56

Plan: Intermittent Fasting, LC
Stats: 242/215/130 Female 5'7.5"
BF:too/dang/much
Progress: 24%

Um, having eaten many a blackberry and oranges in my day, there isn't enough plant vegetation conveniently available. Not without intentionally cultivating it. A large animal, dried, much more fits the bill. Unless we all ate grass. THAT is very available.

What's in your backyard? I still have lots of blackberry bushes and a couple of blueberry bushes. I have a grapefruit tree growing. But, it won't bear fruit for at least five years. Otherwise, I have pine and oak trees. I do have mock cherry trees, but you can't eat those. And grass and moss. We cleared this lot, it had grown wild for a number of years. I did have some passion plants show up in my pasture. Not enough to live on.

Quote:
much wider variety of plants
Maybe it's just Florida, but there ain't a wide variety of plants here. ie, wild, edible. There's LOTS of ornamental plants.

Edit again. And prickly pear. I've eaten a number of those too! I have a couple in my yard.

Edit again: I would also assume the fruit eating was seasonal. My grandmother had an orange grove. You only had fruit certain times of the year. And I don't think paleo man could can his fruit.

Vegetarian: Indian word for bad hunter....(I need to get this tee shirt!)