Old Tue, Dec-12-23, 18:58

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calianna
I've wondered about that too.

But then I think maybe it's similar to how LCers often want imitation sweets and imitation starches that look like the real thing, and taste similar to the real thing.<...snip...>

That's a good point. I eat a bit of low-carb pasta, and some low-carb bread every now and then, plus I sweeten my coffee and tea with stevia.

Why? If I eat too many carbs, I'll weigh 300 pounds in no time.

I suppose if the vegans were utterly convinced that meat is bad for their health, eating fake meat might be an alternative. But my opinion is that the highly processed fake meat is extremely unhealthy, and meat is not.

But we are all different.

We have two close friends who are vegans. They don't preach, I never asked why they are vegans, and they never offered. It's just what they eat. I'm a picky eater, so I understand. We do find places to eat where they have a menu that allows the vegans and omnivores to eat and enjoy each others company.

The preachy, militant vegans that try to convert me to their philosophy that bother me. They are as bad as religious zealots that try to convert me to their particular sect.

Live and let live.

I found what works for me, and I don't want to force you to eat like I eat. Others are free to do the same.

Bob