#98   ^
Old Sat, Mar-26-16, 20:57

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
This article is going a bit off-topic from fasting but since it discusses insulin resistance and sensitivity, I wonder what the folks on this thread think of Chris Gardner follow-on research to his earlier studies LF vs LC. The study results indicate there wasn't much difference, but Bill Lagokos sees something else, that also relates back to Woo's criticism of JM/Fung...he is really NOT insulin resistant but very insulin sensitive now. Net down, Bill thinks that after losing on LC, to finish consider switching to HCLF.

Janet - the quote you referenced:

Quote:
Don’t be tied down to one approach; different #contexts require different approaches, and both can change over time.

is really the key and something I've been curious about lately. White rice or starch resistant potatoes (cold in a potato salad) are a couple things that I've recently discovered don't impact me negatively. Your referenced article and teasers article (https://aeon.co/essays/hunger-is-ps...-makes-it-worse) seem to dovetail nicely. Eating healthy, unprocessed foods and the timing of eating including regular periods of not eating (IF) seem to be the predominant factors for controlling IR and achieving well being. These are interesting approaches to test.