View Single Post
  #1509   ^
Old Sun, Oct-24-21, 07:20

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Good morning, Lori!

I hope you feel better quickly- sinuses tend to be worse overnight and first thing in the morning, at least for me. I hope you get your golf in but if not, goodness knows your friend cancels on you plenty!

DH literally just work up and will be playing pickleball in an hour. I will probably walk over and watch a little bit. He will be playing "the varsity" here, which are purportedly the better players. He is quite good so I want to see how he is comparatively in the group. I have no desire to play varsity at any level- I just like to whack the ball around.

The dogs and I had a good dog park morning. Bella romps some here and there and really enjoys just getting to go and socialize with other dogs. I have learned that she will let 'puppy' dogs know to get out of her face and I don't need to worry too much about that. There are a couple of more aggressive sounding dogs though that make me nervous and when they are there, even though I can see that they settle and don't cause fights, we go to the little dog side. We'll see as we go. It is such a great option every day though and good for the dogs as well as for me!

Scale popped up this morning as expected. I ate more than I should have at dinner last night and not low carb either. So fully justified on all counts.

Ravens game today at 1. DH got the new TV in place and I've got all our services up and running on it so we are good to go. So excited as things come together more and more. Lori, you are right, I do love this place and just love spending time here. DH loves it at least as much as I do if not even more. It is so good for us.

We both have leftovers from dinner out last night, so we aren't eating out tonight. Just as well. One of the fun things about being here is that we do eat out a good bit. I don't when I am here alone except on rare occasions and we also don't much at home, but one of the fun things we decided to do here is explore and rate restaurants up and down the coast. FUN! And a lot less expensive to do for two of us as opposed to six!

DS19 texted me that he is the Social Chair for his Frat now. You guys, this is huge. It's not a big frat or anything, but what is huge is that this child has ALWAYS refused any position of responsibility in a group- refused to be first chair in percussion in band, refused to be captain of a team etc- he never wanted to be in charge or take responsibility. I just cannot get over the growth I am seeing in this young man and how he is really coming into his own in so many ways. I could not be more proud of him!

Okay, have a great day ladies!