Old Mon, Jan-20-03, 09:47
Registered Member

Plan: Carb. Addicts
Stats: 185/190/170 Male 5' 10"
BF:21%
Progress: -33%
Default Grams v. Onces Oops!

Dear Vilicia,

Oops! Yes, you are correct: I meant 7 onces of meat, not seven grams. Good catch.

There are a couple of ways to measure body fat.

My wife and I just bought a digital scale with built in body fat measuring system. It uses electrical impedence to give a pretty good estimate of body fat.
You can also buy calipers at GNC and "pinch an inch" at your waist then use the table to read your percentages.
Or, you can buy the Weider ABS magazine that's out on the news stands right now. I uses your weight and waiste and a chart to give you your bodyfat. All these measure come out at about 23% for me, so I have to think they all work pretty well. I like the scale the best though--big, plain numbers, no guessing.

Since you actually know how many calories you are eating (and 2,500 sounds good for an active woman like you), you can look at your actual lean/fat% and tell in a week or so if your diet is working. Then you can adjust up or down on calories or carbs or protein or whatever and you'll be basing your choices on solid information. You'll do great!!

Best wishes,