View Single Post
  #104   ^
Old Sat, Nov-24-12, 09:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 227/182/150 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 58%

Liz, I have a daughter who just turned 2 and an 8 month old son. We have a way to go before they'll get on skis. I did competitive racing from about age 8 through 3 years of college. I was never super good or anything, but I was pretty solid. I wish I could have my legs back from then. I had some awesome, strong legs that I always thought were too big. Ha! Wish I knew then...

I ran my first 5k on Thanksgiving! I was pretty disappointed, because I ended up walking a little the last 1/2 mile. It was all mental and it totally messed with my mind. I saw people walking all around me and it felt like permission. I've never walked while training, so I was pretty mad at myself! Oh well, I can only improve from here. I ran it in 33:09, which was still pretty close to my training times. I ran way too fast the first mile - 9 minutes - and had trouble from then bringing it back down. I was at 20 minutes at 2 miles, which is way faster than I ran ever in training. Never really factored that beginning rush into my training, so it will be good knowledge for next time!

Hope everyone had a great holiday!