View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Feb-20-12, 13:56

Plan: whole food
Stats: 178.2/155/149 Female 5'10.5
BF:
Progress: 79%

Too funny Deciduous! Sad but true you don't actually have to quit Bikram when you're pregnant, you just keep close track of your body temp - the last studio I was in we had several pregnant folks including an instructor! There are work around positions for those that wouldn't be doable. The teacher was so inspiring! She taught and took class up to the week she delivered and was back - looking terrific! very shortly thereafter.

Anyway, just an update for those who might search this out later. I have gone back to it and have done just fine, you do have to be very careful to make sure you don't skimp on water but it's been 2 days in and I feel fine. My intention is to go basically everyday for a bit until I re-acclimate to it fully. Oh and I have added in some low carb fruit but I doubt that I needed too but it fits into the total carb allotment so as long as I don't see cravings or gain, I'm going to leave it. I'll circle back after a few weeks and update on carb levels/weight change, water issues etc.

To be clear - I am adding in the yoga for body toning, not weight loss purposes...not that I'd be sad if it helped but there are easier ways to exercise other than this one!!