View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-28-09, 13:01
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach diet
Stats: 216/165/160 Male 71 inches
BF:
Progress:

its good, although there are some good tips you need to keep in mind ( i took this from my friend ~zadi off her blog)

1. Bikram is HOT. I mean really hot. As soon as you open the door to the studio, your face will slam into a wall of hot air. Get to the studio 10 minutes early so your body can adjust to the temperature.

2. Bikram STINKS. Yes, it stinks. If you don't pass out from the heat, you may pass out from the musty stench. It's because Bikram requires that all studios use carpeting - no wood flooring. Why? Because it's the only flooring approved by Bikram... and because they're crazy. But let's continue, it gets better...

3. Bring WATER. Drink lots of water before, during and after your session. You're losing a lot of body water so you want to make sure you're constantly rehydrating.

4. Bring a YOGA MAT. They'll have extras if you forget yours or don't have one, but they'll charge you for it. Also, someone probably sweated all over it and who knows how often they wipe those things down.

5. Bring a LARGE TOWEL. Lay the towel over your yoga mat, aligning the top of the towel with the top of your mat. This is so it catches your marvelous yoga sweat.

6. Bring a HAND TOWEL. Keep it beside your yoga mat and use it to wipe down if you need to.

7. Wear VERY LITTLE CLOTHING. Clothes get in the way with Bikram. No large shirts or long pants. They'll be a soaking mess five minutes in. Keep it light.

8. DO NOT EAT three hours before class. At least nothing heavy. You'll be twisting, turning and flexing those stomach muscles. If you're storing too much food in there, it may want to make an exit. Some crackers or a piece of fruit is okay.

9. TAKE A BREAK when needed. Seriously, if at any moment you feel dizzy, faint, weak or like you're about to hurl, just sit down on your mat - no matter what the instructor tells you. You know your body better than anyone else.

10. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. After you're done, relax. Take it slow. Drink a lot of water. Take a cool shower. Eat something. The most important thing is to take care of yourself. If that means never taking another Bikram class ever again, then that's okay.