#9   ^
Old Wed, Jun-16-21, 07:24

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calianna
She was on a couple of different meds for alzheimers over the years. One med was so bad that she declined very quickly - sounds like it must have been destroying the amyloid proteins in their protective stage, just making things worse. Once that med was discontinued, she improved somewhat - at least she wasn't acting quite as out of it as she was while on that med.

This is the tragedy of statin, autoimmune, and Alzheimer's drugs: they are based on a wrong view of the actual science. So they do far more harm and so little good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calianna
but my mother loved her carbs (left to her own devices, she had gotten to the point that she was eating far more carbs than I'd ever seen her eat before - she'd pile an inch of jelly on a piece of bread, even though I'd never seen her use more than a tiny schmear of jelly when I was a kid), and always hated eating anything "greasy", so she'd reject any food that seemed too oily to her, hence why it was so difficult to increase the amount of coconut oil.

My maternal grandmother spent a decade with dementia, though she had high blood pressure her whole life, UNmedicated, and I think it probably had a vascular origin. But the thought of developing it terrified my mother. Who knew about Atkins, and I sent her keto shakes and a blender and protein bars... I knew she had grown to hate cooking except on special occasions, so she just reached for fast and easy. And her death was not entirely explained by the doctors, but I think it was rooted in autoimmune.

In any case: I wished she would eat better, but I know she never was able to stick with it. Which is the story of so many elderly people: diminishing senses, dental issues, lack of other amusements, and the standard elder diet makes it almost impossible. Especially if the process has already started.