#75   ^
Old Sun, Nov-03-02, 07:53
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%
Default Hi everyone!

I'm really excited to see this thread is helping so many!! Thank you all for letting us know how visualization is helping you!

Michelle - Keep up the good work, girl. You've won 1/2 the battle by just recognizing that beating yourself up is sooooo counter-productive!! Bingeing is just a sign for you that there's more work to do....so just brush yourself off and affirm often that you enjoy your thin body!

Cre8tivgrl - Good points!! Just take a deep breath, close your eyes and take a physical inventory from head to toe to find which muscle groups are tensed up. With a little practice one can acheive a much greater relaxed state in very little time. But the FIRST step is to pay attention to what's going on!

Carianne - I think you'll find all kinds of amazing things happening when you make a practice of positive affirmation and visualization.... not only in the area of your WOE, but in your outlook and the way others treat you as well. Positive attracts positive..... good things start to happen in many different areas. We're really glad you posted!

We have many classes at my church around these subjects....and I've met a couple of really amazing people that I'd like to tell you about briefly.....each "cured themselves" of "incurable" diseases with the power of their mind.

Barbara was a 48 year old mother of two grown children, with a new grandbaby and was diagnosed with leukemia. After 2 years of the standard medical treatments by the best doctors and hospitals the Texas Medical Center could offer had failed, she found herself in the hospital isolation unit awaiting a bone marrow transplant....the last resort. Her son was to be the donor and the surgery was scheduled for the next day. She had an overwhelming feeling that this wasn't going to succeed and that she had the power within her to overcome this illness. Prior to this she had no education or training in the area of meditation or visualization... she just "changed her mind" right then and there in the hospital that she was going to take charge. She declined the surgery and (against all advice from her doctors) was discharged the next day. Her family was frantic. She spent the next few days submerged in the subject of mind/body connection and began praying and practicing these new visualization techniques. Within 3 months she was totally cured, with no traces of her illness anywhere. Her doctors were stupified and could not explain it. But she could!! I met her 8 years later....she's a strong and vibrant, beautiful woman, inside and out....and of course, cancer-free.

The other man I know from church who cured himself is John....who was diagnosed with bi-polar disorder which is a very severe manic depression, considered "incurable". John was diagnosed at the age of 42, at the height of his career, but this disorder and the treatments put an end to that.... he was totally disabled by this disease. He was taking 46 different pills per day. He can't explain why, but he was drawn to our church one Sunday where the minister's message had somehow given him hope. That day he set up camp in our library and book store where the clerks helped him find the books that would help him in his quest for control over his illness. Within 6 months he was down to ONE pill per day and back at work full time. His psychiatrists were so amazed by his progress that he was invited to lecture at medical schools across the country and take part in a unique study which would wean him off that last medication. He's done so now and is completely "cured". Oh, and by the way, he's given up his career and is studying to be a minister.

THAT is the power of positive thinking.