View Single Post
  #111   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-19, 21:52

Plan: Dr. Westman
Stats: 280/170/170 Female 69.8 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

I got some hikes in the past few days that would qualify for Manitou training.

Sunday:
Hike 1- Hungarian Falls, which is really a series of 5 waterfalls coming down a gorge. Approx 1 mile each way. I got a good climb in.

Hike 2- Was through the forest to a beach on Lake Superior and back. 4.2 mile total. It had a lot of up and downs to it...including some along steep embankments.

Monday: Porcupine Mountains State Wilderness
Hike1- Lake of the Clouds Overlook to the beach. 0.5 miles each way. Straight down and then straight up. Some stairs but mostly rock and root scrambling. I took it pretty briskly & felt it great prep for the incline.

Hike 2- Presque Isle River Waterfalls 2 miles total. I counted 343 stairs going up. I didn’t count those going down (probably close to a similar number). I can see why they suggested lighter hiking shoes rather than boots. My ankles really felt it at the end...even more than my legs. As a bonus, I somehow ended up following the North Central Trail (runs through ND, MN, WI, Upper & lower MI, & OH) for awhile and there some steep rooty scrambles. As a bonus, they had a swinging bridge ❤️