View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sat, May-28-22, 07:19

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/160/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 78%

I join with those responders above who say, "It's not that simple." Cut down on snacks--lose fifty pounds? Not likely.

In a recent blog post (see link in my signature--click on title A Frontier of Justice), I expressed remorse that my prejudice against FATNESS has been unjust and unkind. Edit: I see that I have already posted the text of my blog on this thread. So you don't have to visit the blog--but you are welcome to view this and other brilliant essays there whenever you like.

Worse than my personal attitude, however, is the assumption in medical practice that FATNESS is the first and main reason for every health issue an overweight or obese person may bring to the examining room. This can be deadly.

Quote:
It’s a good thing the fashion industry no longer encourages everybody to look like a rake, and in most ways it’s a good thing that society has become kinder. When I was growing up, disabled people were spastic, dyslexic people were stupid and dyspraxic people were clumsy. I don’t want to go back to that world.

If you happen to be disposed from birth to become fat, it's good to know that there are resources to help. It's no less a challenge than any other "disability" requiring understanding, treatment, and unprejudiced support for those who need empowerment, not hate and discrimination.