#11   ^
Old Sun, May-18-08, 14:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 305.4/295.8/180 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessLiz
Alastair, I am glad you found a plan that works for you. I did what you are doing for about 6 months, lost about 25 pounds, and was continually hungry. However, I know lots of other people who weren't hungry and are quite happy eating that way.

But in all honesty, you should have never expected Atkins to work for you. According to your profile you never read an Atkins book, just cookbooks. Your old posts seem to indicate you didn't really understand Atkins at all. You were eating bars and drinking shakes. You apparently are not really fond of meat. Each of those is an indicator of potential failure on Atkins. I am honestly puzzled why anyone who looks for sauces to hide the taste of meat would choose to try to follow Atkins when some other low carb plans are more easily followed when eating less meat and more of other foods. You knew this was not a plan you would follow for life.

I'm glad you came back and posted, because you are confirming everything we tell people. You must read the book and understand the plan. You should avoid artificial foods like Atkins shakes and bars. And if this is not a plan you can follow for life then you should pick another plan rather than wasting your effort.

Again, I wish you the best on your new eating plan. Success comes to different people in different ways, and you have found success.

Way to go Liz! Couldnt have said it better myself!