Thread: Back again
View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Aug-20-18, 09:23

Plan: High protein, lower fat
Stats: 000/000/145 Female 66
BF:276, 255 hi wts
Progress: 0%

Welcome back. I like your weight loss ticker!

I have "Weight Loss" on my Google News feed, so I'm always getting articles like this one that are usually useless, but I've actually found myself thinking about a couple of these:

https://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Ho...ep-Off-45098069

Quote:
Know Your Why
This is probably the most important factor of all. Know your why. Have one enormously personal reason you want to lose weight that resonates strongly that is bigger than your excuses and keeps you motivated no matter what.

A "reason bigger than your excuses". I like that. I've really been thinking about it in specific terms of my health, instead of just "I want to lose weight for my health".

Quote:
Keep Setting New Goals and Celebrate Them!
As you're evolving and progressing on your weight-loss journey, your goals have got to keep up! ...There's so much to celebrate beyond the number on the scale, and setting specific and personal mini goals will keep you excited and inspired.

When we have a lot of weight to lose, it can seem like a too tall task. I remember JudyNYC always saying that she lost 100+ lbs of weight by making a 10 lb goal at a time. I've shortened my immediate weight loss goal to reflect where I was at the beginning of the year. (Sadly) Then I'm going to choose another lesser goal. But I'm also thinking about fitness goals. For instance, where I walk every day there is an incline coming back and I want to be able to get up it without stopping to catch my breath. I'm also focusing on sleeping more; doing the right things to bring that about like turning off the computer at night earlier.

Quote:
Be Consistent!
We all have moments where we fall off the healthy train — it's normal! But it's how you handle it that will make all the difference in your progress. Aim for consistency, not perfection.

"Progress, not perfection". It's an oldie, but a goodie.