View Single Post
  #80   ^
Old Mon, Apr-04-11, 08:02

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Hi folks, I just came across this thread while trying to get more information about Ray Peat's eating plans. I've had a couple people bring him to my attention lately (Cathy B. right here, and also my son). As some of you know - like Scarlet - I'm dealing with hypothyroid issues and would love to be able to address some of those with food. My weight loss has also been stalled for about 18 months now, with my weight just constantly bouncing up and down and up and down in the 260-270 range. 265 this morning for example.

I do have access to raw milk and cream and pastured eggs, and I have a large bottle of plain gelatin, so I have some items available to me.

One issue I keep reading, though, on the Peat stuff I've been reading this morning, is that a lot of what Peat recommends - potatoes, fruit, fruit juice, etc. - he seems to be recommending to avoid hypoglycemia. And hypoglycemia has *never* been a problem for me, quite the opposite in fact, being a T2 diabetic. for me it's a banner day if I see my blood sugar readings go below 100, which is rare. So I do have reservations about that. Anyone have any experience with that?