#62   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-14, 13:54
Wag more, bark less.

Plan: Meat.
Stats: 216/149/145 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 94%

Short answer: Yes (see #2 below).

Here's a good brief intro to "zero carb" eating by the Bear, who introduced this forum to his way of eating. Editorial notations are by Charles Washington, who runs the Zeroing In On Health (ZIOH) forum:

http://zeroinginonhealth.com/WhatisZC.html

1) Eat only from the animal world (eggs, fish, redmeat and fowl and some dairy are all animal sourced foods, i.e.: meat).

2) Eat nothing from the vegetable world whatsoever. (Very small amounts of flavourings such as garlic/chillies/spices/herbs which may be added, are not ‘food’).

3) On dairy: avoid milk and yoghurt (heavy carbs- lactose), use only pure (not ‘thickened’- heavy) cream (read the label), cheese and unsalted butter. (NOTE: ZIOH includes milk and yoghurt and we’re not concerned for lactose carbs. Each person must gauge their body’s response to lactose. As your health improves you may find that your tolerance for lactose increases. Milk has been shown to be an extremely healthy part of many predominantly carnivorous diets.)

4) Don’t cook your meat very much- just a little bit on the outside- for flavour- blood-rare or bleu. For this reason I advise against eating pork. (ZIOH has no issues with pork nor are we concerned with cooked food. Charles eats medium-well to well most days.)

5) Eat liver and brains only very infrequently- they are full of carbs. (Charles never eats these foods but others do and enjoy them. Again, the number of carbs in organ meats is immaterial.)

6) Be sure to have plenty of fat of animal origin at each meal and eat mostly of the fat until you feel you have had enough- you can eat more lean at this point if you like- calories are not important, nor is the number of meals/day. Vegetable oils are not good food. (Every meal does not have to be full of fat)

7) You do not need any supplements of any kind. Drink a lot of water and do not add salt to anything. [Rose's note: I add salt to meat, and I've been doing this for just short of five years. Other ZCers do, too -- your choice as to whether it's a big deal or not.]

That is all there is to it.

DO NOT obsess over what you eat, follow the rules and it will become second nature, and you will not have to think about it at all. What you eat is a social conditioning, most people will never alter their diet from what their mum fed them as babies, only those rare individuals who have a strong will and desire for a normal-sized, healthy body can do it. Even the grossly obese have trouble with my path. You may feel low on energy for a few days or weeks, but as soon as you keto-adapt to zero-carbs that will pass and your energy will be increased.