View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-22-22, 09:24

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%
Default How I learned to love breakfast

This article reminded me of myself. I've never wanted to eat in the morning, but I must admit it's a fine hormone reset thingy.

Quote:
The thought of breakfast has always made me queasy, to the point where my a.m. visits to the kitchen feel more like a perp walk. I sometimes wonder if my gut flora and digestive enzymes are carrying microscopic anti-breakfast picket signs—because that’s exactly what my insides feel like as I drag myself to the fridge every morning.

I Ate Every Day Within an Hour of Waking Up—Here’s What Happened

The first rays of light in my downward health spiral (botched treatment, sudden menopause, no help from doctors) came from My Internet Doctor, Dr. Jack Kruse. (People would ask me about my "medically indicated diet" and I would say, "it's on doctor's advice." Dr. Atkins and Dr. Kruse, I would think to myself.

Being Dr. Jack "Madman" Kruse, he would immediately exhort a patient to consume 50 grams of protein within 20 minutes of waking or something. As seen in the article, a two hour window, and working our way up in meal size and density, might be more do-able.

I have good reasons to look at a serious reset since I had a very messy summer and realized I had to crack the other issue Dr. Kruse taught me, which was these are symptoms of cortisol resistance. If I can't fix that, nothing else will get fixed.

But it doesn't matter what hormone or blood sugar issue is going on. Breakfast might be your new best friend. It worked for me before, and so I'm going to try it again.
Sponsored Links