Old Wed, Mar-21-12, 07:24
Registered Member

Plan: vegan lowcarb (self-made)
Stats: 178/172/160 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizellen
Welcome to the board It seems as if you have really got a handle on what works for your body.

Thank you! Yup, I'm trying to get that figured out in the context of low-carbing. So far, so good. 2 pounds lost the first week, 2.3 the second, things are looking good for the third week so far! And I'm getting very close to figuring out all my V&M in a way that I think I can actually stick with.

BTW, nice stats! That is some impressive loss! Way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizellen
I was surprised that you wrote as I have never eaten avocados with much in the way of carbs added.
I like them... just sprinkled with salt and lemon juice. You could mash them and eat them like guacamole with some celery sticks to dip.

I'll have to try one of those methods. I've been avoiding celery so far because I think it would be too filling, and it's not particularly nutritious (especially in a quantity that wouldn't be very filling), but if it will help me do avocados low-carb, then it's definitely worth a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz53
Perhaps LCV is dipping tostados in his guacamole? I'm happy to dip my fork in.

Yup, you got me. I've eaten a decent amount of avocado in the last 3-4 years, but it's almost always been in the form of guac and always accompanied with carbs like tortilla chips, rice, tortillas or tostadas. I was having trouble thinking of a way without all that that sounded appealing. Call it a lack of imagination, I guess.

I bought two avocados last night, so once they're ripe, I'm going to give 'em a whirl, low-carb style!