View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-08, 07:56
Taking MY Turn

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 240/220.8/190 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 38%

Well, you know there are two camps, Beth...those that are strict "by the book" and those that feel like adjusting accordingly for themselves. I respect both sides in different ways and feel that after years of LCing experience I can tweak things to work for me. Therefore I'm eating "more carbs" than you would in the intervention phase, but that's my choice. I'm sort of trying to lose on "maintenance" in some ways and while the path will be longer it'll also be more seamless, IMO. It's all a matter of perspective, really. But you are wise to read these books - you will not be sorry. They are such an incredible resource and honestly for me did far more than help me lose weight. They changed my life in terms of how I fuel my body and the quality of food I demand to do it. I make so much more informed decisions now when I eat. And quality-wise I've raised the bar so high now (was bordering Dilletante in many ways, though I'm primarily a Hedonist) that even when I've eaten "poorly" it's still been far better when compared to how most other people eat.