#34   ^
Old Fri, Aug-03-18, 13:48

Plan: Atkins Concept
Stats: 225/190/175 Male 70.5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttoni
Yes, you could use 6 oz. sliced OR shredded mozzy in the filling. I just happened to have some sliced I wanted to use up. A thick marinara sauce can be used here, but that will make it more like pizza, and you know how I am about pizza.

Ha! Yes, one of the few people on the planet tired of pizza!

That's exactly what I'm tying to do. Kind of like a cross between lasagna and pizza...since I cant find an LC noodle or recipe I feel is worth the money or time to make for the flavor and texture it provides.

So...back to arrowroot. What is it for? What does it do for the baking or product? Seems really high in carbs for a low carb recipe, it must be worth it for some reason. I'm asking what that is.

Thanks!

I just rediscovered another keto friendly old friend I had forgotten about...bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers!

I made a recipe of J Kenji Lopez-Alt's gyro meat. What a pain because my food processor is like 40 years old and doesn't have the power to puree the meat all at once, I had to break it up in batches, but I have been searching for a way to make real gyro meat (or close to it) for years. I've tried many paths and this one looks promising

https://www.seriouseats.com/2010/06...e-food-lab.html

He does extensive testing, so it should work. He is the one that blew up the myth that farm eggs taste better than supermarket eggs. I was blown away at that...its all in the head, when he blind taste tested scrambled eggs using green food dye to remove the rich color of farm eggs, no one could tell the difference!

Anyway, I digress. Some low carb pitas, this meat, homemade tzatziki, onions and tomato and its gyros for dinner with jalapeno poppers on the side!