View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Aug-31-09, 12:02

Plan: Atkins/HcG
Stats: 211/168/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 70%
Default Cholesterol/LDL levels

I'm sorry to butt in on your thread but I can't find where or how to post a new thread.

I received my bloodwork back from last week and I thought with this woe that all my levels would be EXCELLENT!!!! Ok, at least better than the last time I had them checked!!

Well, last July (08), I had my tests done and my cholesterol was 186, while my triglycerides were high at 167. This year my cholesterol is 211 and my tris are down to 120. HDL is good -- last year was 34, this year it's 53. But my bad cholesterol went from 119 to 134 which they recommend having the levels below 130.
I'm really hoping my dr doesn't want to put me on any medication. About 3 years ago it was just over 200 and she said we'd see what the numbers looked like the following year and if they weren't down, she was going to put me on medication. Well, I was able to get them below 200 for the last couple of years...until NOW!!!!
I don't believe I eat a lot of red meat and have cut way down on egg consumption.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has the same problem?!?!? What can I do to get the levels back down? I know we're suppose to eat "regular" foods and not fat-free or non-fat so that's what I do.

TIA for any info you can provide