#20   ^
Old Fri, Jun-22-18, 19:47

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflammabl
Ya, weird huh? Here's the quick story behind that. First I noticed that when I eliminated dairy I gained weight... Some time later, I was spending a lot of time out of the office and I noticed my weight was fluctuating up and down much greater than it normally does. I started to look into what I ate when I was in the office and/or ate more of when I went off of dairy. The most obvious thing was my morning breakfast in the cafeteria. I was getting eggs and bacon or sausage. The bacon or sausage was the most obvious culprit but then I notice that the cook was pouring the eggs out of a carton. I asked "What's in there?" He said, "Eggs." I asked "Eggs and what else?" He looked at the label and said, "Eggs and..... citric acid. That's it." Well I felt relieved because there were no hidden carbs in my eggs. A couple of weeks later I circled back on that idea and looked up citric acid and ketosis in the Google and found a link to Lyle McDonald where he states that SOME people find that citric acid inhibits ketosis. Wait, What? Srsly? So I asked my cook if he could make me fresh eggs instead of eggs out of the carton. He said sure and for the next 12-14 weeks or so my appetite declined, my sticks turned more purple and I lost 0.8 lbs per week. Eventually it leveled out again but it was an interesting sequence. At least to me it was.

Perhaps it's not such a quick story.

Interesting effect of the citric acid.

My wt loss has stalled a bit.... and I have increased lemon crystal lite from none to 4 servings. Might try 0 again and see which way the scale moves.

thanks for sharing.