View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Aug-29-19, 11:10

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

Quote:
It can be a disabling condition causing sufferers to remain mostly sedentary and is frequently associated with severe depression and feelings of hopelessness.

One of those diseases where due to a certain "character" traits people probably get a lot of "it's all in your head" and suck it up armchair (or even "professional") diagnoses...

Us schizoaffective bipolars just look at you like you're stupid (just exactly like it ) if you tell us it's all in our heads... that's just exactly the problem... and have to stand calmly by while people reassure each other that they're not crazy, because crazy people are awful....

What was I talking about? The preamble is so I can point out possible neurological connections for fibromyalgia, without anybody daring to be insulted. Pain really is largely in our head, and people who think psychological means "not real" or non-biological are freaking nuts.

Low carb dealt with a lot of pain issues for me. Couldn't sleep on my side, starting in my mid-twenties. Often woke up to a frozen neck/shoulder, it'd start with stiffness in one area and then travel across my back, might take a week or more to resolve. This is around when my first big psychotic episode began, I sometimes had some slight auditory hallucinations before then, was always a bit socially anxious/paranoid but nothing anyone would bother to diagnose. I don't usually think about it this way, but the metabolic syndrome type stuff did show up around the same time that the psychotic symptoms really ramped up.

Psychosis usually shows up when people are just going out on their own, late teens, early twenties. Usually when they start mostly feeding themselves, too, probably worse than their parents fed them.

Going from Atkins to a stricter high fat keto seems better for the mental stuff--but also physically. Not a lot of pain issues with Atkins, but I did have a shoulder injury that was sort of nagging for more than ten years--going more ketogenic/near carnivore pretty much resolved it. If I overeat protein for a few days, I can just about tell which shoulder was bad, but mostly it feels just as good as the other shoulder.