View Single Post
  #146   ^
Old Wed, Aug-20-03, 11:46

Plan: Slim in 6
Stats: 232/????/162 Female 5'7"
BF:too much :-)
Progress: 74%
Default Hi Suni

You bet I can relate.I'm really used to doing things my way,too,and having my alone time,so when he comes home next week it will be adjust again.The good news is that I can still adjust!

So here you are with a child getting married and I just found out today that my daughter's 10 yr. marriage may be ending. Not that he was ever so great and I'd have rather that she never married him but she did.This time though,my daughter is at fault for handling things all wrong.From her teen yrs. it took a while to build up this great friendship we have come to have and now it is going to go by the wayside.She knows she is wrong so she is not answering my calls and here I am in Ga. and she is 1,000 mi. away in Pa. I hate it most for my grandkids( 7 and 10) They have already seen and heard too much in their young lives.My heart is aching (and breaking) I wish I knew what the late Ann Landers would have told me to do.I don't want to alienate my daughter but I sure cannot condone how she is doing things.

I only came here,today, to keep from going crazy.I did not tell my DH yet(my daughter is by my first marriage) as he will be so hurt.I was hoping it would work out first but I know now it won't.DH has always treated her better than some do their own(including her own Dad) Oh my,what to do and what to say that will not make things worse.I'm glad I lost my appetite through all this as being close to goal it would not be difficult to self-sabotage right now!

Take care,Suni,and thanks for your tolerance with this post.I do enjoy reading yours as there is so much of me in them.Sometimes it makes me see things I had not seen before and relate to them.It also makes me think of how to deal with some of my self-sabotage issues.

Have a good day ...
Linda