#13   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-04, 15:25
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 300/220/198 Male 185 cm
BF:
Progress: 78%
Talking

I've lost about 80 pounds and the change in my life has been fantastic.

I have a hell of a lot more energy and doing little things no longer tires me out. My self confidence is sooooo much higher now.

The weight loss didn't happen overnight either. It's been 18 months of going to the gym most mornings, watching what I eat etc. I've learnt discipline and the benefits of that have spilled over into other aspects of my life as well.

I still have about 20 pounds or so to go but I already feel great. I can go into shops and buy clothes that normal people wear...damn that feels good. I used to hate clothes shopping as I could never find clothes that fit.

And the great thing about Atkins is that I still eat well. I don't have sugary snacks etc. but I wouldn't be able to be eating those on a low fat diet either. I've found that being on Atkins I have no real inclination to cheat...whereas with low fat I was cheating a lot cos I was so hungry most of the time.

I'd say that the biggest benefit of the loss has been my acceptance of myself. I am a much happier person now than I was before. I used to hate myself for being so big. Now I realize that I can do something about it and I am. Damn life is good.