Old Sun, Apr-22-12, 21:02
Getting Healthy!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 213/169/166 Female 5' 8.5"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttoni
Hi Carolyn. I just bought 4 of the Progresso light soups at Walmart today, that one among them I think.

Back in the hayday of low carb products (around 2005-2006), Progresso used to have a great line of low carb soups. At least their "light" soups are relatively low carb, but I do miss the flavors of their "Carb Monitor" line. (Their chicken cheese enchilada soup was especially yummy)
Quote:
I'm trying to stay low carb, but I'm not picking potatoes out of the soups.

Carbs still matter a lot to me because I'm a type 2 diabetic. 1/3 cup of potato is a blood sugar rise of about 40 points for me, so I skip the potatoes.
Quote:
Lauging Cow Light cheese wedges

I'm going to be on the look-out for that brand. I've seen others mention it here, but I haven't found it in my local stores. I had a Polly-O brand twist of 2% milk mozzarella and cheese cheese today. It was so tasteless that I felt like I'd wasted the 50 calories.
Quote:
. Also I bought a case of a shirataki noodles and Miracle rice to see what I can come up with there.

I like the noodles. I've never seen the Miracle rice around here.
Quote:
Tonight's glucomannan pudding

I'm going to order some glucomannan. I've never tried it.

I went grocery shopping today, too. I bought a pack of Hebrew National 97% fat free beef franks. Each frank is 40 calories and 3 g carb. I had one with mustard for a bedtime snack. It was very good.