View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-11-08, 03:24

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 140/137/115 Female 60"
BF:Not Sure
Progress: 12%
Default I'm Baaaaack. . . .

I was on this forum back in '03. I read TSP in 2000 and started then stopped. Then I got back into it in 2003, and stopped yet again. I admit it- I'm a convenience and fast food junkie. The thing is, I KNOW instinctively that Dr. S is right, but I just couldn't stay on the plan. I guess I wasn't ready.

Fast forward to this January and I realized I have gained 12 pounds since Thanksgiving. Oh, it's just the holidays. . . Well, actually I really didn't eat anything more than usual. What's going on? I started researching and with many other symptoms that I'm seeing, looks like I am perimenopausal. My 38th birthday is next week, and no one believes me. Apparently it doesn't seem a problem that around 3pm every day I cannot keep my eyes open, or that I wake up every morning in such a state of anxiety that I'm not sure how to get throught the day. . .

Oh, did I mention that I am 5 feet tall, so 12 pounds is like 2 dress sizes? I'm barely shoving my usual size 8 to 10 body into 12 and 14s right now.

After extensive research, I ordered the Women to Women program, mainly because so much of what they were saying was similar to TSP and it made so much sense. While waiting for it I launched into a whole foods diet on my own, but followed many principles I learned from TSP like eating a carb with a fat, always eating a protein, etc.

I got the program. . . and there is Dr. S, smiling at me from the cover of her first book. Sometimes God has to smack you on the head (with a book even!) to get you to listen. So now I know this is the right program. How could I keep coming back to it and keep being led to it if it wasn't?

I'm going to pick up her third book this week. I just think it is so funny that I ordered a program that is based on TSP. So here I am and I hope that I can contribute to this forum because I know I get a lot out of it.

-Tiffany
Sponsored Links