#22   ^
Old Fri, Oct-25-02, 21:22
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%
Cool Day 1 Report

Today I tried to pay very close attention to my thoughts and this is what I heard:

"I really shouldn't have this"
"I still look fat"
"I wonder if I'll really ever be able to drop these last few pounds?"
"I doubt I'll ever be a size 10"
"I'll probably gain all the weight back"
"I really need to exercise"
"I wish I could get motivated to lift weights again"

Ugh. Much work to do!!

And I really did consciously affirm several times today that "I am slim, healthy and have abundant energy. My metabolism is strong and burning my excess fat." But I probably only managed one good 5 minute session doing that. Mostly I paid attention to my thoughts and found that there wasn't a whole LOT of negative ones....but even one is too many. I tried my best to stay positive ...and to my surprise it flowed into other aspects of my day, too! I was cheerful and energetic all day!

Tomorrow I will focus on choosing which aspect of my weight loss I want to concentrate on in my affirmations over the next few weeks, as it is wise to only pick one or two. Suze - maybe you can help me write a couple of good affirmations when I figure it out.

Possibilities for focus:
- Rejecting negative thoughts (I think this is a must have.... like a basic building block)
- Speeding up metabolism, making it an efficient fat burner
- Choosing healthy foods
- Choosing to exercise regularly
- Reducing appetite; controlling blood sugars (maybe I could make this a part of my metabolism affirmation?)
- choosing to eat less than 1700 cals/day

Hmmm... will have to give this some thought. Want to choose a logical priority.... I guess "rejecting negative thoughts" and "choosing healthy foods" are the best places to start. Once I see some positive changes taking place there, I'll then move on to focusing on less calories and choosing exercise. Then on to the more specific...metabolism, blood sugars, appetite. That seems to make sense.

I think I'll shop around for some tapes too.........

Anyone else take any proactive steps today??