Old Sun, Jan-12-20, 07:46

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benay
Janet, could not access the video.
I keep carbs at or below 20 gm total and calories at 1500 or less --mostly about 1200
I try to eat 110 gm protein but mostly don't get up that high
Just wondering if I should cut fats.

I found that without changing my "numbers," I broke a stall by grouping the same food into bigger, less frequent, meals. Instead of the classic "three meals and two snacks" so many of us were trained into, we just ATE BIG MEALS with the same daily stuff.

This was a game changer for me, who was used to calorie counting and those doll-sized plates of the Portion Size game.

Check out this thread:
The case against snacking
https://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=423179

For some tales of people who tried this tactic with the same success I did.

This is a less scary way to look at Intermittent Fasting, which most of us find really useful in breaking a stall and getting some dramatic results. We have to lower insulin to get the ball rolling right.

Just as contrast, in my case, I lost 40 pounds last year with lots of fat and very low carbs. When I eat a lot of fat, I seem to eat less of other stuff, and my meals keep me from being hungry for hours and hours.

For other people, cutting back on the fat does work wonders. That's why we say it's:

N = 1

because the key to success is figuring out what works for us, now. It's probable that decades of crash diets and disordered eating means I had to be on my current, to-some-drastic, program for success.

So don't be afraid to think outside the box you are in.