Thread: LC Our Way #3
View Single Post
  #2260   ^
Old Fri, Aug-30-19, 07:18

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Trig- I loved your chatty posts this morning. You make me smile, you really do. DS20 and I went to Montreal and Quebec City last summer and it was a fantastic trip. Not only was it going to 'another country' but it is a French speaking area so that made it even more exciting. We absolutely felt like we were on a mini trip to Europe. Your DD is going to make you push those travel boundaries and you are a good mama for being willing to go there with her! Travel is IMO one of the best gifts we can give to our kids.

I agree that in the cold dark days we will miss summer but I am loving these cooler evenings! We have a bit of warmth coming back the next few days (highs in the mid to upper 80s) and then I think things settle into low 80s and upper 70s for highs. My favorite weather! Of course I need to see what freaking clothes fit. Grrr!

How sweet DD brought dinner home. I actually love a thin and crispy Pizza Hut pizza- pepperoni, mushroom and onion. The crust has to be super thin though, more like a cracker really.

Lori- I haven't used that grocery pick up service but I know they have it here also and folks do use it. I would have for a coupon like that!

How is your sister? Do you have any trips planned to see her again any time soon? I wish my brother was close enough that I could go see him that easily! I would do it.

I hope the $$ meeting goes well. It does get really complicated as people get older.

Blue- I hope you are starting to turn a corner into feeling better.

Jaz- Happy FRIYAY!!!

••••••

Hi all-

Doing a late CASA visit today. I'm going to try to hit their lunchtime bc I'm still an invalid and can't really pick up kids or do much with them today. This way I can more of a passive observer. When I go the kids swarm me like a rock star.

Worked the busy desk yesterday and man it is busy! During the four hour shift I got away to pee once (and you guys know that I like to get my potty time!), never got to eat or anything else (luckily I can stretch fairly well!) and basically worked my booty off. I forgot to take anything for my back and about three hours in I was feeling it big time. Took two Advil and that helped a bit. Got home and it was too late to eat anything (about 8:30 PM) so I ended up just fasting from 2 pm until this morning.

Have you guys heard of Chaffles? They are taking the LC world by storm. Basically a cheese/egg combo that makes a waffle type thing you can use for bread or whatever. People are absolutely nuts over them. I've made plain chaffles a couple of times now- yesterday I made a breakfast sandwich using them. It's fine but nothing to write home about. There are an insane number of recipes for them though, savory and sweet both, and they are fast and easy to make.

I'm working my way through the chicken bacon ranch casserole I made earlier in the week. No one else will touch it.

Not much else going on today. Got a load of laundry going and have some classwork I need to do. CASA visit. DS17 comes home today at some time. He's driving himself so I have no idea when.

Ravens have won all four of their preseason games, and look pretty good. They always look good this early on in the season though.

That's about it from me!