View Single Post
  #182   ^
Old Sun, Mar-09-08, 19:57
Registered Member

Plan: homegrown
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 68
BF:
Progress:

Sugar isn't much of a problem. I never had much of a sweet tooth. I don't think I've ever seen a doughnut that was tempting in my entire life.

I don't find chocolate "tempting" as cocoa is a health food full of good flavanols I should probably eat more often. I make "chocolate" with coconut oil, cocoa and DaVinci syrup. Sometimes chocolate muffins (almond meal/falx meal as "flour"), or chocolate protein shakes. I don't like the premade stuff like sugar-free candies and bars and shakes cause they're all way too sweet to me.

The binge foods are all grains for me - whole grain breads, pasta, bagels, garlic bread, french toast, pancakes, etc. I'd say they're almost like drugs. Some people have a bad day and want to have a six-pack; I want to have a pound of pasta. I can knock off most of a loaf of bread as french toast. It's insane.

But the worst food in terms of temptation is any type of fried potatoes - hash browns, french fries, tater tots, etc. Those being around tempt me. People can eat bread around me if I'm not in the mood to binge and I don't care, but fried potatoes always look good.

I'm rarely tempted by corn, but really fresh corn-on-the-cob, or a gopod homemade cornbread is sometimes tempting.

Fruit isn't a problem. I eat a cup of berries or melon or a whole kiwi, as long as it's not breakfast, within my carb allowance. Or a half pomegranate. Or a half apple - which sounds strange, but I "bake" an apple crisp in the microwave and eat half (sliced apple with caramel DaVinci, topped with almond meal and butter). I don't feel "tempted" by fruit really. Maybe a bit by peaches, I allow myself 2 or 3 when they're in season. I'm not going to go through life without ever having a fresh peach. I also do lemon, lime and cranberry juice... diluted with stevia added as drinks most of the summer, and now-and-then in winter too. I don't binge on these things, just have allowable portion sizes. And fruit has to be as a meal, with plenty of fat, not as a snack else my blood gluocse goes nuts.

As for legal foods, I can easily overeat dairy if I don't measure it. I have no problem eating twice as much cheese or yogurt as I need. I make my own ice cream sometimes in very small batches as that would be insanely easy to overeat. For some reason, whipped cream isn't as bad as frozen cream! Dairy is just so calorie-dense that I really *have* to measure it or I over-do.

But the *worst* of the legal foods is nut butters. I don't particularly pigout on whole nuts or nut meals, but for some reason, nut butters are really easy to sit down with a spoon and eat over a thousand calories worth as just a snack.