View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Dec-18-21, 14:35

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

It is really rather easy.

I taught my kids to cook thru fun things like turning pasta maker and stirring a batch of homemade brownies.....they are now older teens and can cook. Their preference is a pan fried steak and a mix of sauted fresh veggies, seasoned by the umpteen options on twirly by the stove top.

Basics include microwaved Irish potato or sweet potato.

Beyond basics is just a willingness to learn new techniques, like a greased potato set on oven rack next to a roast beef. Just need a meat thermometer.

Start building utensils, pots, pans and specialty items .....

We made lasagne roll ups with a bescemel sauce.sirry, can't find correct spelling.

One made the beschemel sauce...his first time. Less lumpy than my efforts, lol. And other teen helped with prepping 9x13, and rolling up lasagne. He wanted ham added to recipe so he got out the ham and added julienned slices to filling. I made filling and homemade pasta dough.

Pasta is so easy. Flour and eggs. ( I don't buy pasta anymore so homemade was only option. ) Roll out flat. Cut with pizza cutter or knife.

Learning to cook is easy these days. Wonderful YouTube chefs and homecooks sharing the full details that a cookbook cannot convey.

"Look up a recipe" means google to my teens. They like the YouTube format....hard to go wrong.