View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-24-20, 06:31

Plan: Very low carb
Stats: 218/205.4/158 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default Back to low carb and seeking support

Hi everyone! I have had a couple of great low carb runs in the past where I reached goal weight, and then maintained for 2+ years. Each time, I fell of the wagon and each time, it has taken me longer and longer to crawl back on.

I need to get on the LC wagon and stay there.

I am a food (carb) addict. I just finished reading "Food Junkies: The Truth About Food Addiction" by Vera Tarman. THAT IS ME.

Even though I am also in recovery from nicotine addiction for 13 years, and alcohol addiction for almost 12 years, I guess I just didn't believe my food addiction was real. I have struggled to "control it." Once I start with carbs, I just can't stop.

So with renewed determination, here I am at Day 1 of Atkins/Dr. Westman's plan. I have laid out my 20g carb plan for the day in Cronometer.

I would love to hear from others who have had success. I would love to hear from anyone who fell off low carb, and struggled to get back on, but have finally been successful.

I need to do this. I will be 62 in March and the excess weight is taking a horrible toll on my knees and hips and back. I know there is food freedom in low carb - I just need to find a way across that initial hump of transition time to fat burning.

Thanks in advance for your encouragement and support! I think I will also resurrect the old journal.
Sponsored Links