#106   ^
Old Sun, Nov-15-20, 02:09

Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/187 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
This article has a round-up of all the different ways you can collect data to help manage weight and why Marty likes...

Why your blood sugar BEFORE you eat is the most important thing you can measure to lose fat and optimise your metabolic health

https://optimisingnutrition.com/why...tabolic-health/
Maybe it's just me, but I wonder if aiming to measure only one thing is perhaps a little reductionist for the sake of it? I mean, we can measure our blood sugar before our meal, but that doesn't tell us about how badly it spikes afterwards, or how badly that in turn might spike our insulin, and then what happens to our triglycerides and liver markers, etc etc. I guess I'd rather measure anything and everything that I could, with the understanding of the importance of each of the various measures relative to each other, so that I can build a more complete picture of things. But to his credit, he does run through a bunch of options anyway.

I appreciate his graph on BMI vs longevity as well. Since I reduced my own BMI from 45 down to about 27/28, it seems I've bought myself quite a few years.
Sponsored Links