#3   ^
Old Sun, Sep-28-08, 01:33
Monday came.

Plan: my own
Stats: 275/228.6/155 Female 5'4"
BF:ummm . . . ?
Progress: 39%

Yep, that sounds right. I like that.

This is, indeed, a very real sense of well-being. I have a poster I love; bought it for my children's room, but I have it in mine now. It is a painting of a child with seeds and gardening tools, and sunflowers growing in a row behind her, and it says, "Faith is the substance of things hoped for." I don't think of that as what it appears on the surface, a kind of touchy-feely vague nice idea, but rather as an statement of fact, a key to the kingdom, a treasure map, and an attempt to convey a functioning principal of the universe: thoughts are things, they function as a substance that has an impact on the world--at least in ourselves. It's not enough to hope, to wish, but when it moves into the realm of faith--of belief that something is so real that you can shut your eyes and see it, smell it, touch it, taste it, then it is transformed into an actual thing, which has the power to go forth and become reality. Thus faith (belief) is the substance (thing, real stuff) of things that we hope for.

I think that's what we're both saying there. I brought my flower baskets in today because we're getting a hard frost tonight. And I thought, "When I hang these up in the spring, I will be slender again." Before I go to bed tonight, I will think of that, and sleep with that picture in my mind. But tonight I need to go cover the tomatoes. Stay warm and safe tonight, everyone.