#9   ^
Old Fri, May-27-22, 17:17

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BawdyWench
This makes my blood boil. If obesity were a linear equation, the authors may have a point. But it is most definitely not. Different people have totally different outcomes to the same input (food). My skinny friend can eat a mega plate of Chinese food (for example) and stay skinny, but if I add a measly half cup of white rice to my lean baked chicken breast I gain weight. And fast.

How is it that all these skinny people (whom we know are not necessarily healthy) can effortlessly balance calories in and calories out without a second thought ... but we can't, despite our using smart phone apps and computer software to track every bite?

It's a struggle to lose. If it weren't, we wouldn't see the same faces on this and other forums year after year. And it's not because we've spent years eating "caramel frappuccinos with whipped cream and marshmallows." I find that attitude and assumption utterly rude, mean-spirited, and disgusting.

Before you judge, walk a mile in my shoes in my body with my unique body chemistry.

So many of us could say exactly what you've said.

The people I've known who were naturally thin - they don't even think about what they'e eating, just eat whatever happens to sound good to them at the time. They stayed skinny in spite of eating donuts for snacks, ice cream for dinner, a BIG chocolate bar every single day, and as much cake as they felt like, whenever they took the notion. If they have a craving, they feed it as much and as often as they want.

I was told by one skinny person to ignore what "they" say to eat (whether the food pyramid or any weight loss "diet" out there, no matter what kind it was) and just eat whatever I wanted to eat, and push away from the table when I was full.

HA!

If that worked, I would have never gained weight to begin with, and would be every bit as thin as they are!