View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Oct-06-17, 23:09
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

Update: I've tried the riced cauli, and the garlic herb mashed cauli. And yes, I found them at FreshCo. A tad expensive at $3.99, but still worth it to me for the convenience.

Riced cauli: very good. Highly recommended if you already know you like riced cauli. It still has that funky cabbagey smell and flavour. The texture is okay. Not great, but good enough. I recommend pairing it up with something strongly-flavoured like a spicy curry. If you've never tried riced cauli as a rice sub, I still recommend trying it, but keep your expectations realistic. If you expect it to taste like basmati rice, you'll be sorely disappointed, but it gets the job done, as I often say.

Mashed cauli: The pros are that it's absolutely delicious and easy, with no cleanup. The cons are what's added: rice and milk. Basically not induction-friendly, and I'd consider this a laziness backup plan or rare treat. Perhaps something to serve if you're having guests for dinner and you want something fast, easy and not-potato. A half-cup serving has 8g carb/2 g fiber, but I dare you to stop at a half cup. I ate it all in three sittings.

Next on the to-try list: the cheddar bacon mash, and the riced cauli medley, which has onions, carrots and peas added. I'll try a faux fried rice.