#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-18-18, 10:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 198/198/155 Male 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Noob Report

Good morning Low-Carbers,

I'm two weeks in and down to 194.5 from my starting weight of 198. The first 4 came off rather quickly, and I seem to be experiencing a sort of stall, which I'm not too concerned about.

Even more telling than the small weight I have lost so far is the way my jeans (the ones I complained about in my intro thread) need an additional belt notch to keep from feeling too loose. I don't care about my actual weight so much as I do the inches, so this makes me happy and motivates me to continue.
I'm pretty certain I'm carb-creeping to an extent, and plan this week to begin a scorched earth policy on carb intake. I have been keeping a tally on an excel file here at home, and I really feel I could do better. Basically, I need to be more serious.

My test strips have consistently indicated 30 +/- mm/dl, not that that really means anything, but I'm guessing that I'm probably not fully fat adapted yet? If I do ingest creeping carbs is it safe to assume they can be depleted with exercise? Will creeping carbs delay or prevent my system from making the change to fat adaption? My numbers indicate I'm taking in ~ 30 - 35 carbs per day and FitBit averages my daily calorie burn at about 2800 (my job requires a lot of walking and stairs).

I am a LOT LESS hungry now, so I know I eat less than "before".

Bill
Sponsored Links