Old Wed, Mar-23-11, 13:58

Plan: Veggie Atkins a la Jenn
Stats: 250/250/190 Female 5'7"
BF:No idea...
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeypie
Hi there picton,

I'm sorry you're feeling so low. I definitely know what it's like to eat LC and NOT lose. I hate that you're feeling uninspired by the food you CAN eat, and that you feel like you want other things right now.

Are you familiar with the recipe section of this site? There are some GREAT ideas there. Deep dish pizza quiche is a firm, long time popular favourite around here.

Also, just wondering... do you have a freezer? I am in the UK too, and I KNOW what you mean, about stuff rotting!! I mean, if I don't portion out my meat and put it in the freezer AT THE LATEST, the day after I buy it... it is TOO late already. So I feel your pain on that!!

Also.... do you like veggies at all? I think LC is pretty hard to do successfully, if you feel really limited, to just meat and cheese. They are super heavy on cals, and I know for me, without veggies,.... I just end up "not gaining", like you.

If you're disabled, to save yourself some effort, time, and discomfort, is it possible for you to use a supermarket delivery service?

If you want cereal in the morning, you can make your own. A few chopped mixed nuts, some unsweetened shredded coconut, cinnamon, and a splash of single cream thinned with water, maybe?

Personally, I looooooooove eggs. But I know people crave variety sometimes. I think there are DEFINITELY ways to make your food more appetising to you once again. But I think you need to put some thought into it, look at some recipes, and switch things up a little bit.

I know it is HARD, when we feel the way that you have just described!

Please keep posting. This forum is a fantastic place of support, and resource for information.

Hahaha I just read this and thought if I eat any more eggs, my cholesterol is going to go into hyper mode. I'm actually cutting them down cause I have the old creepy feeling that they might hurt me. Except... everything doctors say will hurt you one day the next day they say is good for you! But I have found that there is beauty in the fratatta.... o lovely thing.

As far as the overprep goes: I have felt very similarly to how picton is feeling, especially last week (my first week as low carb). I just work through it - I know I'm doing the right things for my body now, and even though it can be more work I'm glad to be expending the calories in preparation.

In moving to this WOE I have begun really thinking about what I'm putting into my body, for the very first time. I'm actually feeling like I'm a better cook - or does the food taste better? I'm not sure, but I definitely feel like even though I have to go through quite a bit of extra effort there is always a light at the end of the tunnel, and that light is made of improved health and fun times hiking with my husband. I keep that goal in perspective quite a lot.

I have begun freezing foods - can we say home-made tv dinners for a week? - which is a great suggestion honeypie. Keeps me out of the kitchen a ton less. I've managed to live without a microwave too, and I feel like it makes me more invested in what I'm trying to accomplish without all the already-made foods at my fingertips. I've got to stay in focus with the portion control, so I stick to recipes and divisions therein because I know of my tendency to say "I can just have five more and no harm no foul cause it's healthy...." I'm not only carb-counting, but I'm calorie counting, so I'm holding myself accountable at all angles. I have this cool app that counts calories and all nutrients, and there's something on this website that does that for you as well. Please be sure to check the links on the homepage.

As for the cost... that is something that just seems unavoidable. I don't buy anything I know I can't use, and I've been trying to plan out meals BEFORE shopping so that I know what I will and will not need for the next few days. But if you go to the CheapoMart or whatever grocery is best priced, I feel it's still the same food just different prices for the most part.

Good luck. We're fighting the good fight with you girl.