View Single Post
  #44   ^
Old Thu, Sep-23-04, 08:38

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 300/226/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 49%

I really enjoyed the Vitamin D link. Thanks for posting it Caveman.

I can't resist adding to this discussion by mentioning an article about skin color I read in some science magazine (can't remember which one). Article stated that dark skin is protective of folic acid stores for people living in low latitudes. Folks indigenous to higher latitudes have lighter skin to allow for better Vitamin D production, but sacrifice in the folic acid area.

I haven't heard before that sun exposure is bad for our folic acid levels. Does anyone know more about this?

My winter sleeping plan is going well so far. Yesterday was autumnal equinox for those of us in northern hemisphere. You guys in the SH can soon start your stay up late time, but here in the NH it's hibernation time. I have been going to bed around 9:30 most nights since about September 9. I have given up pushing myself to get up in time to take a morning walk (started walking in the afternoon - better for Vitamin D production). It's sure paying off - I fall asleep quickly, sleep pretty well, and am in bed for at least 9 hours. I hope to continue this trend as the season of darkness progresses and sleep even more.

It is amazing that people don't link tiredness with the need to sleep. It's like the ideal is to "get by" on 5 or 6 hours of sleep. We cave folk'll show 'em. I just love getting plenty of sleep.

Sweet dreams, everyone