#2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-25-15, 23:24
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb /CAD/Veg(ish)
Stats: 192/185/150 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default Vegatarian Protein Ideas

Sorry that this forum isn't more active, so this is a bit late, but cheese, cottage cheese, eggs, Greek yogurt, whey or other protein powder, nuts and seeds are all staples of my low carb veggie plan. I do eat organic tofu as well as the soymeat products (although I don't feel good about that since I know soy isn't the best health choice).

There are a lot of creative ways to use the protein. I don't do high protein either so a protein shake and some cheese/yogurt, eggs, etc.in a recipe is usually enough for me. Read through some of the other threads and you'll get some meal plan ideas if you're still looking. Someone mentioned Quorn products made from fungi.

Some of my favorites meals are cheese chips as a base for artichoke dip, guacamole, or homemade tapenade (super easy), taco salad (I do use veggie burger but you could use a bit of bean for a moderate carb meal). Low carb wraps for "sandwiches" and quesadillas, omelettes, frittatas, and cauliflower casserole with lots of cheesy-ness.

Also, one site I found http://www.djfoodie.com/ has excellent veg dishes included.

Good luck!