View Single Post
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Nov-20-07, 09:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/200/160 Female 153 cm
BF:
Progress:

Hello Asian Low-Carbers!

It's so great to read your posts, especially those from Malaysia I stay in the Kepong area , and recently re-started Atkins after a few tries of getting it right ( it's so simple and yet sometimes so tricky to be strict !) I used to eat way too many cooked veggies and then panic becuase I wasnt achieving the results + eating so much fat! Now I measure my cups of veggies with a rice cooker cup. No more confusion there :P

Sausages and burgers that are Atkins ok are so tricky to find. Ramli hotdogs and burgers though low carb contain fillers. Even Darabif , which claims to be 100% beef/lamb lists sugar as an ingredient. I'm seriously considering making my own!

My best experience on Atkins was FINALLY achieving ketosis- on Raya day! There was no mistake, I had a 'sweetish' taste in my mouth and had loads and loads of energy.When I was in London a few days after it was easy to stick to Induction- western types meals are okay without the spuds etc.

Unfortunately since about a month ago , I havent done very well and starting Induction again.

I used to enjoy sausages and eggs for breakfast ( no sausages now ) This morning I had omlette+mushrooms fried in butter with garlic. Lunch was pan-roasted chicken breast with gravy+ mayo salad w/ crispy chicken skin 'croutons'. Had some cheese for dinner with diet coke as I didnt really feel hungry.

Yes , I love my food! Could get more work done if i spent less time in the kitchen,lol.

I'd love to enjoy more Asian flavours .

As for shopping, I found that Jusco One Utama has Macadamia Nuts ( RM 15 for a tub-ouch ) Cold Storage has Weight Watchers sugar free Jello. I love Jello and cream! Yum!