Old Fri, Oct-12-01, 15:35
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/272.0/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Fat Migration

I read in an old book, "The Woman Doctor's Diet for Women"

quote: "However, the subcutaneous fat in a female is genetically programed (ice cream cone shaped and pear shaped) to be of a certain thickness, which means that if you lose too much from one area, your body will take fat from another available area. This is called redistribution; the process of moving the fat is called migration. I like to tell my patients that you lose from the head down, but redistribute from the feet up. You can never tell immediately after stopping a diet ( though we on Atkins plan on never stopping) what the final form of your body will be, because this migration of fat takes about six weeks longer. You can't see the migration and redistribution while you are still losing steadily, because layer after layer of fat is being eliminated too quickly for the process to be discernible. You will notice it only after you have slowed down or stopped losing altogether. Your face, arms, neck, and breasts usually appear to get thinner first, thinner than your lower extremities because up above there is less fat to lose. Then you will see your waist, hips, and stomach, and finally your legs decrease in size (I got everything else, but my stomach and hips are the ones holding out on me.). Women who are 10 pounds away from their ideal weight will come into my office demanding to know, "When will I lose these?" (pointing to their chubby legs).
"Last", I reply. And not just last, but last of all. If you get your weight down and hold it down for a few months, you will see an interesting change in your figure begin to take place up to six weeks after you've stopped dieting (again it's a WOL not a diet for weight loss alone): those unsightly legs will get thinner and your face will become rounder. But you must tolerate a thin drawn face while you are achieving a total slim look. You face will take on a proper amount of subcutaneous fat after you've finished losing.
Many women let their faces be their guide when they diet, but you can see from what I have told you that that is not a good indicator. However, in the older female it might be well to stop short of pencil slimness, in order to preserve some additional subcutaneous fat in her face to prevent wrinkles."

There it is (with my asides )

Elihnig