Plan: Atkins 72
Stats: 176/125/125 Female 5'3.5
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
When we read an article like this:

Quote:
Thirteen glasses of fresh, raw carrot/apple and green-leaf juices prepared hourly from fresh, organic fruits and vegetables.

Three full plant-based meals, freshly prepared from organically grown fruits, vegetables and whole grains. A typical meal will include salad, cooked vegetables, baked potatoes, Hippocrates soup and juice.

Fresh fruit and vegetables available at all hours for snacking, in addition to the regular diet.

The Gerson protocol, cancer, and the death of Jess Ainscough, a.k.a. “The Wellness Warrior”

This hits close to home for me because my father has cancer. Most of my family follow low-carb for the most part, except that they cannot understand that they are eating too much fruit. When my dad was diagnosed, my sister sprang into action. She wanted him to follow the protocols of the likes of Heal Marketplace and Dr. Schulze. While I do appreciate many of the products of both companies (Superfood is something I consume daily), the bottom line is that they are vegan. Copious amounts of that carrot/apple juice were given to my dad. When, to my horror, I realized that he was drinking glass after glass of what amounts to liquid sugar, I almost had a complete meltdown. SUGAR FEEDS CANCER CELLS. Period. I don't care what form of sugar you are using --fruit, brown, white, whatever. My family cannot wrap their minds around the fact that sugar is sugar. Yes, fruit can contain other nutrients, but it also still contains sugar. I was unsuccessful in changing their minds, so I backed off. There is nothing at all I can do, and I don't plan to hassle my dad about his eating habits in his final months.