View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Jul-11-19, 07:32

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

There is so much fraud out there it's hard to know what is an agenda and what is fact.

We all have to do our own research, decide what is fact and what is "Fraud News", what are lies, what are conjectures, and what are probably good theories and hope that what we chose is right for us.

I tend to stick with reports by peer-reviewed science published in respected scientific journals. If 95% says "A" is good or happening and 5% say it's "B", I'll go with "A" until or if further evidence comes around.

It's not infallible, searching can be tricky, and some articles are difficult for me to understand, but a good place to start is here https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/

I've been keto since the 1970s. I tried going past induction to maintenance but found I can't do more than 20 carbs a day without gaining.

I am on zero prescriptions, and a heart doctor did full tests on me and told me I have the circulatory system of someone 20 years my junior.

Obviously keto is working for me. On the other hand, if one diet worked best for everyone, there would only need to be one diet book.

Bob