View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Oct-30-17, 14:21
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Rob - About the only thing I can think of where this product might be beneficial is for a fat adapted athlete in an endurance event. I don't know at what rate the body can generate ketones from fat. On a super lean and fit athlete would ketone production keep up with the energy needs during competition? Perhaps this product could provide a boost. One might consider it cheating, though.

I had thought about how ready-to-burn ketone supplements might affect fat storage from food. I considered keytones like alcohol. They would have to burn first. I didn't consider the effect on insulin, though. It sounds like this supplement might be a very bad idea for someone who is insulin resistant. The fat guy might get a boost of energy while the ketone supplements last, but they would more than likely crash and burn when they use up the ketones and cannot access their own body fat due to high insulin levels. This supplement could be disastrous for a T2 diabetic not following a VLC diet. Perhaps that is where the reviewer was going with that point you highlighted.