View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Feb-02-02, 11:49

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%
Default 4 pounds/8 days

In the last eight days, I've lost four pounds, ending a two-month stall. (my gratitude to WF is immense)

But I'm left uncertain of the "why." Possibilities:

- it may have been just my time. After a two month stall, the whoosh fairy is beyond due!

- I made a point of eating about 45-50 g of carbs for three days before that--was gaining weight as I did, so cut back down (and didn't feel any better physically for doing so, so why continue, eh?) Maybe the whoosh was triggered by what Atkins refers to as a reversal diet.

- a bit tougher to face, if this is true. I quit eating eggs. In no sense had eggs ever hinted they were a danger food--no cravings, no "going back for just one more deviled egg" when I was full, no physical symptoms, no sulfa drug allergies (often egg yolk allergies and that go hand-in-hand). And yeah, I'll vaguely miss eggs, but not so awfully much and it's not an emotional sort of feeling--so I don't feel upset about quitting them as I once did when I realized wheat was a permanent no-no for me.

In case it's that third explanation, I'm staying away from eggs indefinitely. If I end up stalling again for another six weeks soon...well, then it probably wasn't eggs and I'll go back to eating them.

Thought I'd share, and any ideas/suggestions/insights would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links