#6   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-03, 10:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/207/165 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress:
Default 4 pounds/8 days

Hi,

I realize I am replying to a six month old thread and I have just found (and joined) this forum. I will post an intro later but I have a pressing issue regarding Atkins. I started it a week ago and now find I have developed a rash from my feet on up to my lower legs. I have been eating a lot more eggs this past week. I usually only take in maybe 1-2 eggs a week (if even that) either along or cooked in other things.

But I like the boiled eggs and mayonnaise combination so well I was using about three boiled eggs a day and using this as my dressing in celery and on salads.

I remember having the same type of reaction years ago when I took a sulfa antibiotic for an ear infection. After a week of little or no results I started developing this rash.

I have been reading the Atkins book and hoping I would get rid of cravings, lose some weight but mainly feel better and have more energy instead of dragging around. The only result I have gotten is to lose a couple of pounds, get rid of the cravings and now this rash and slight tingling sensation.

So my question to all of you is are eggs (or egg yolks) and sulfa meds somehow related? If so then my low carb eating as far as follosing Atkins is doomed. I will definitely have to tweak the induction program (or bypass it altogether) if I have an egg allergy.

I have not had any problems with eggs in the past and have not had any reaction to the flu shots. So it might be I am allergic to eggs above a certain quantitiy.

I just hope I have nipped this problem in the bud before I become a walking case of hives
Bev