View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Aug-04-20, 07:59

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

There are a few choices at netrition

Nothing is equal to the old high carb breads, but here are a few decent substitutes:

I like the ThinSlim breads better than the Great Low Carb breads, but that's a matter of taste.

If I order on Sunday, they get here (In Florida) by Thursday so they don't spend the weekend sitting somewhere and not moving. You need to freeze them as soon as they arrive, as they have no preservatives. I find the ThinSlim arrive better due to the packaging, but you need to pierce the package before freezing. It's airtight, and if you don't pierce it first, as the air contracts with temperature it shrinks and squashes the bread.

The ThinSlim bagels are nice too. I prefer the cinnamon flavor. It's very light and gives them a bit of flavor to replace the wheat which they don't have.

For flatbreads, my local health food store stocks breads from Sami's. I'd rather buy local as it keeps some of the money in the community.

Of course with COVID, I don't like to go out more than I need, so I call them, order a half dozen packs of lavash (flatbread) and freeze them when I get home.

I use the lavash to make personal sized, low carb pizzas in a toaster oven. I also toast them plain and use them to eat as crackers with brie.

Thanks to the popularity of keto there is a lot out there now. At the first Atkins wave there was a lot, then it shrunk to almost nothing, and keto brought it back.

My DW makes home made cookies, pancakes, and pasta with almond and coconut flour, every once it a while it's good to have a retro-type treat.

Bob