View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-19, 15:55

Plan: Fung, Rosedale
Stats: 236/195/157 Male 180cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

I do follow what you are all saying. But let me add some numbers to show my dilemma.

Due to my years of dieting my metabolism has dropped to about 1600 calories a day.
Lets say I consume 20c (80cals), 50p (200cals) and 151f (1360cals). The 80 calories of carbs will be burned off as energy expended, the 200 calories of protein will be used for repair of cells. Now, what I am told is that the 1360calories of fat I have consumed will go no where (unused) and body fat and ketones will be used for the remainder of the 1360 calories needed for energy and not the consumed fat. Or, maybe some of the consumed fat, say 1000 calories will be used for energy and the remainder (360 calories) will be parked somewhere unused and the body will use body fat and ketones to make up the 360 calories.

It doesn't seem plausible that the body would do this. And if the body does indeed do this, what happens to the unused consumed fat?

I understand that this is only theoretical because once in ketosis hunger drops and is unlikely to consume so much calories anyway. But it is not theoretical between the start of the diet and entry into ketosis.